- Improved: The search algorithm for finding camera apps has been improved. Camera Starter finds more camera apps now.
- New: Camera Starter uses Material Design now and will look the same on every device independently of the Android version. The action bar is shown on devices with very old Android versions like Android 2.3, too.
- New: Added images and icons for ultra high resolution displays.
- Improved: App icon shadow changed to better adapt to the white background of the new Google launcher.
- New: Long press on a camera app opens the settings page of the app.
- New: Camera Starter uses the new permission model of Android 6 (Marshmallow) now. Therefore if you are using Android 6 and above, you can now decide for yourself which permission you want to grant to this app.
- Improved: Reduced the app size from 2.88 MiB to 2.23 MiB by removing unneeded stuff and using a lot of compression. Even though this version contains images for ultra high resolution displays, the size of this version is still smaller than the size of the previous version. Note the app is bigger after it was installed on the device, because Android optimizes it for your device. When you compare the install size of this version with the previous version, you will notice that this version needs a lot less space on your device.
- Changed: Removed permissions that Camera Starter doesn’t need anymore: READ_PHONE_STATE, READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE and WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
- Changed: Added permissions that are needed by Firebase: C2D_MESSAGE, RECEIVE
- Improved: Easier and faster navigation throw the app information, developer information and legal information in the information window.
- Changed: Libraries used by Camera Starter has been updated to the newest versions.
- Improved: Users complained about the usage data collection. The usage data collection is optional. Therefore the license window now explicitly tells the user that the usage data collection is optional. The usage data collection can be disabled in the license window. The only thing you can’t disable is the data collection by the advertisement providers, because there is no way to disable it as a developer. In this version only AdMob is used. By the way AdMob is configured to not collect location data of the user.
Download gabenative Camera Starter Pro now!