- Improved: The navigation bar is transparent in camera flashlight mode and this makes the camera preview bigger. The navigation bar is transparent in display light mode and therefore nearly the complete display shines in white.
- Improved: Flashlight now uses Material Design for dialogs and some windows and it will have the same design on every device independently of the Android version. The action bar is now shown on devices with very old Android versions like Android 2.3, too.
- New: Added images and icons for ultra high resolution displays and replaced many raster graphics with vectors. Vectors can be scaled to infinity and will still remain sharp. This means the most parts of the flashlight are now resolution independent and will look fantastic on every display size from low resolution to ultra high resolution and higher.
- Improved: The graphical user interface adapts to different screen sizes in a better way than the previous version.
- Improved: I modified the app icon shadow to better adapt to the white background of the new Google launcher.
- New: Flashlight uses the new permission model of Android 6 (Marshmallow) now. Therefore if you are using Android 6 and above, you can now decide for yourself which permission you want to grant to this app.
- Improved: Reduced the app size from 4.98 MiB to 4.39 MiB by removing unneeded stuff and by using a lot of compression. Even though this version contains images for ultra high resolution displays, the size of this version is still smaller than the size of the previous version. Note the app is bigger after it was installed on the device, because Android optimizes it for your device. When you compare the install size of this version with the previous version, you will notice that this version needs a lot less space on your device.
- Changed: Removed permissions that Flashlight doesn’t need anymore: READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE, WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE, WRITE_SETTINGS and WAKE_LOCK
- Changed: Added permissions that are needed by Firebase: C2D_MESSAGE and RECEIVE
- Improved: Easier and faster navigation throw the app information, developer information and legal information in the information window.
- Changed: Libraries used by Flashlight has been updated to the newest versions.
- Improved: Users complained about the usage data collection. The usage data collection is optional. Therefore the license window now explicitly tells the user that the usage data collection is optional. The usage data collection can be disabled in the license window. The only thing you can’t disable is the data collection by the advertisement providers, because there is no way to disable it as a developer. In this version only AdMob is used. By the way AdMob is configured to not collect location data of the user.
Download gabenative Flashlight for free!